Friday, October 24, 2003

(since the civic election is done and the provincial election is on it's way...)

What I see in current politics is that platforms attempt to appeal to the selfish side of individuals. My take is that a main deciding factor is what can that person do for ME, not who would be best to lead us in a morally positive direction. It seems that so many politicians build their campaigns on offerings to this materialistic, selfish side of humanity in hopes that they will "bite". I know I may be asking a lot, but if we were to vote for the person that had the city's, province's or country's best in mind, rather than the individual's best, would these places be better places to live? I don't know. But I do know that we need to more often consider our neighbor who lives beside us, than ourselves. I truly believe that the farther we can look outside ourselves, the closer we become to those immediately around us.

(from troyshantz )

No comments:

Post a Comment