Saturday, December 20, 2003

The Struggle of Graciousness...


Words: top- from Jordon Cooper
bottom- Sunny by The Choir

Grace sucks most of the time. So many people talk about how wonderful it is and how they need it everyday. It is wonderful to get but horrible to give out. It comes with a really high cost. We extend grace to others after they have hurt us and often in the middle of our pain with the hope of something better. In those cases where it is accidental it is a lot easier. In those cases where the pain is intentional, it isn't very much fun.


I know how it feels to be humiliated
How it burns to feel small
I wish all your giants to be capitulated
Every demon to crawl

But I can't do anymore than kneel and pray
I can't say any more than "Sure is sunny"
Sure is sunny today

I know how it feels to be humiliated
How it burns to feel small
I wish all your giants to be decapitated
Every demon to crawl

Sure is sunny today...

No comments:

Post a Comment