Monday, January 12, 2004

"It's easier to hide immodesty than reveal modesty."

(following seen at Gnome-girl)

Exposed

If I posed nude would that enable you to truly see me?
If I write the words that plague my heart in blood
would that convince you of my sincerity?
If I speak the things in my heart and my head
with tears, screams and heart ripping pain
would that warrent your understanding?
exposed am I
cut to the rawness that only I can feel
destroying layers of a past that I did not create
only maintained
slowly peeling away things that aren't me
revealing even more of things that don't make sense
I'll speak truth
I'll speak passion
I'll speak things that contradict but somehow seem to fit
I'll share fears, hopes, dreams, tears, happiness and love
few will get even a fraction of it
most will stare with confused glazed eyes and over
tea or coffee or even a drink they'll whisper how I'm
a mess and will always be a train wreck
they'll sigh with relief that their lives aren't as trashed
as mine and they'll smile with that smugness that
says they deserve the good life and how sad it is to be me
i'll pretend to not notice the whispers
but underneath i smile to myself
because as this train goes speeding down the track
at speeds faster than my thoughts
i'm living it for once
i'm letting this train ride the track and i'm looking through
a window that lets me see the world as a place to
experience for all that it is
scars and bruises mar my soul
from this speeding locomotion
but they only mark the progress
the lessons and the experiences
that have taught me to feel and grow
my soul hurts more than it heals right now
but the tunnel doesn't last forever
the sun will be there on the other side
to greet me with it's warmth
exposed in nudity is the easy part
exposing my soul is much harder

No comments:

Post a Comment