Thursday, January 15, 2004

Text: top- slipping by by That Broken Girl, bottom- I'm hearing the Charlie Brown teacher voice...

i'm not sure if words
mean anything or what it is
that makes me sure
of anything, anything
til then i am walking in shadows of
big trees with deep roots, roots that are
breaking up the ground under me
but i am walking, i am slipping by
not sure where i am but not sure it matters
either.



I want to go up
and I want to soar
higher than anyone
has gone before.

Higher than up
and lighter than air.
Floating around
somewhere up there.

To close my eyes
as I silently fly
thru the star-studded
velvety sky.

To let go of my worries
and all that I hate
and all of my thoughts
of my past, future, fate.

I want to go up
but the problem I fear
is all of the gravity
keeping me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment