Thursday, January 22, 2004

Unashamed


(from The Cathy J Weblog in this context)

I went to see the person. I told them I had come to ask their forgiveness - that I had been holding a grudge against them and hating them for a long time, and I wanted to say I was wrong and I was sorry. They were pretty stunned (!), to say the least, and said yes, they would forgive me.

And now comes the strange part. As soon as I said that to them, all my feelings of dislike for them went away. I mean completely away. It was the most unusual thing, and to this day, several years later, I pray for them and wish the best for them. Now that's a completely divine experience, certainly not just from this human heart.

If there is a moral to this story it might be this: when its time to do the right thing, it may very well feel like the craziest thing on earth. It might have good results, or strange results, or even more possibly difficult results. Not every instance of yielding in my life since then has been a happy time. Some of them have been very difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment