Wednesday, February 18, 2004

(noticed at listening after dark in this context)

I'm not sure why I always internally put everything through my weights and balances. I'm not sure where my measuring system came from. I always want things to be balanced, polished, perfect. I crave order and rhythm. Part of that is not wanting to disagree with people, or at least not wanting them to disagree with me. I want people to agree with me, to like me, but not to be like me. I like to be different and unique;I want others to respect my differences and agree with my opinions. It makes sense, but it doesn't.

This morning in church, my pastor (while talking about relationships and the importance of differences in people) mentioned this quote: "If two people agree about everything, one of them isn't necessary."

No comments:

Post a Comment