Friday, June 04, 2004

Speaking of the Canadian Election...

I've also noticed some who stir the fire to kick up smoke. The cut and run fellow who wishes to get his licks in and retreat, or argue for hours with nothing to say. Life is too short to waste time with such disagreeable individuals. Debate is a wonderful thing. It informs and gives insite into how the other side thinks. Arguing with someone who has already made up his mind that you are wrong, you were born wrong, you will die wrong, and he will never change, well that's a waste of time and effort. I'm not interested. I doubt any of you are either. Patience is great, but that can be wasted to. How many times can someone say their sorry and then come back to hit you again before you just ignore them? I think the term is shunning. I think it came from an old religious order that used it as a punishment.

[noticed at Smile at Me in this post]

No comments:

Post a Comment