Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Finish Line

With the finale of 2005, comes the finish line for many things I have been a part of in the last season of my life... and although these things will not completely stop come Sunday... It is time for the direction to shift, for some changes to be made and for decisions to be finalized.

I feel as though I have just ran the longest race of my life, and I am nearing the "finish line"... not that my life is now over or that I am finished with life, but that this time, this particular leg of the great race of life, is about to be over. I feel as though I could fall in complete exhaustion over the finish line tape. If this is not the end, I think I may fall in exhaustion anyhow.

In a race, one's body is exhausted; in this race, my spirit has been expended. Internally and externally to myself have been and continue to be mountains to climb, valleys to face, tears to cry, emotions to feel, decisions to make, hurts to endure, strength to be sought, and dreams to hold near....

None of this will ever end. There will always be dreams, there will always be brokeness, spiritual battles, and life in general to face. However, to everything there is a season Ecclesiastes tells us. I believe it is time for a change in season. Soon news will be brought that will help me to know where to head next in life. Soon work will shift and school will start and I will begin back into a regular pattern that will keep me until the end of May. Soon freedom will be found, redemption will be made, lives will be set free and true life will flow into the empty crevices of broken and weary souls. I believe this.
[via Becca's World, emphasis mine]

No comments:

Post a Comment