Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Fallen

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King’s horses and all the King’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again.
But soon the King himself heard of Humpty’s fate. And he was deeply disturbed. So, setting aside his royal finery, disguised as a common peasant, the King slipped unnoticed through the majestic palace gates and into the rough-and-tumble street life of his kingdom.
The King searched everywhere for Humpty Dumpty. After several days and nights, the persistent monarch found him. Humpty’s shattered body was scattered over a 10-foot circle amidst broken glass and flattened coke cans of a back alley.
The King was overjoyed at the sight of Humpty. He ran to his side and cried, “Humpty, It is I, your King! I have powers greater than those of my horses and men who failed to put you together again. Be at peace. I am here to help!”
“Leave me alone,” Humpty’s mouth retorted. “I’ve gotten used to this new way of life. I kind of like it now. I’m fine and I like it here. The trash can over there. . .the way the sun sparkles on the broken glass. This must be the garden spot of the world!”
{the rest}
[via Scott Williams]

No comments:

Post a Comment