Monday, July 03, 2006

Memorized

[via Twyla Central]

There is a store that exists in many places, in many hearts, and it leaves nothing to chance. It exists somewhere in your subconscious, and those that visit it regularly find themselves oddly content.

They do not take credit, all that passes for currency is love. They take smiles, hugs, and embraces. They take marriage vows, kisses in the rain, and wiping a tear off someone's face. There's only one way to enter it - you need to be thinking about doing something for someone you know. Then a door appears in your mind, and you can visit this precious place.

I visited my store last night when I was sad and lonely. I didn't want to go to the back of the store, because many of the front shelves were empty. I hadn't been there often. Usually I just glanced sadly at the empty shelves in the front of the store and broke down. Today something was different.

But when I walked through the store, there was a transformation - at the back of the store I saw a sign hanging from a blurry, distant shelf, and the sign said, "Memories." I came closer...[continued...]

No comments:

Post a Comment