Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Too Much Information...

[noticed at grrrl meets world in this post]

Yet part of me still can't help wishing that I didn't have all this information. It would be so much easier to ignore what's going on elsewhere in the world and still go out and buy my jeans dirt-cheap. I could then drink a tall glass of milk, without thinking of all the Bovine Growth Hormones and other nasty artificials that are present within it. I could read the Bible and not question its validity or the way it's parsed pieced together as canon. I could just not think.

But that won't happen -- and despite my pitiful laments above, I really would not want it. I like the fact that I can question and not take things at face value. While it's frustrating, it also makes reaching that decision or belief all that more meaningful.

1 comment:

  1. I feel what she means, but I hadn't started worrying about the milk yet. What else am i missing, lol.

    ReplyDelete