Monday, January 29, 2007

Secret Movements

I think we all find this true of ourselves. Our secrets are turned against us. I am not talking primarily about our secret sins. I am referring to the things we believe, value, wish, desire and hope. If we spoke these things it would be like declaring to the world how far short we have fallen, how far away we are from the land to which he had hoped to travel. These things spoken then turn to taunt us. Often we are cowards who do not have the courage to live out of God-given abilities to see possibilities and then pursue them.

And so we watch life, see and do the ordinary - but keep our mouths shut about how we wanted (and want) it to be. We will talk, but not about hope. We will reveal but not about wishes. We will turn our conversation to the things here and now but not to the “what if’s” and the “maybe’s.”

I hope you can tell someone your secret. There is probably someone(s) who would want to help.
[via From My Heart, Out Of My Mind]

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Thanks for the link. Great to read your stuff.

    ReplyDelete