Sunday, June 17, 2007

[from The Choir CD "O How The Mighty Has Fallen"]

Terrible Mystery (Hindalong, Daugherty)

No creature more lovely
No spirit more dear to me
And if I cannot hold you
I still wish you all the joy in the world
How dark is the universe
How cold is the rain on this earth
So long have I loved you
Since I was a child and you were a girl

What a terrible mystery
How I searched for the key
To unlock your guarded heart
And set your love free
What a beautiful dream
I tried more than anything
To unlock your heart
And set your love free
A terrible mystery

It’s alright I’m movin’ on
Some days the pain is gone
No longer searching for
The treasure in you
I never could own
I smile when I see you now
This planet keeps turning around
And I don’t cry anymore
Only once in awhile
When I’m all alone

What a terrible mystery…

[hear the album and the song]

No comments:

Post a Comment