Thursday, February 12, 2004

Conversation as "Faithful Impact"


I noticed this comment at The Cathy J Weblog:

I think we long to have people we can trust in our lives, and so we take the chance and share ourselves with them. That is the good kind of sharing - things that are secret because we choose that person's trust to be most important and will keep what they've said to ourselves. The bad kind of secrets are the ones you are told to keep that go against your values. Sometimes you are forced to keep them, but it is like a thorn. I avoid those secrets wherever possible, and try not to inflict them on others.
I think that's the difficulty in conversing with others (especially towards women for me). It can feel like unfaithfulness or irrelevance to expose your vulnerability or frustration, especially if it stays at a certain level.

No comments:

Post a Comment