Saturday, December 03, 2005

Distraction or Discouragement?

It is easier to feel alone than ordinary.
Have you ever felt your body was trying to sabotage you? When my body injures itself, it usually means "need motivation to change?"!

Unfortunately, this normally happens right when I need to gain momentum, not lose it. Last year, I broke my ankle right before I wanted to do some spring cleaning, and also disturbed my walking routine which relaxes me. Just last week, I strained and pulled a muscle right after I was recovering from a cold when the cough was still lingering. (I'm still uncertain what caused it!) So every time the muscle is tender, it makes me cough and vice versa.

These scenarios are compounded by the fact that I'm an introvert, an emotional and physical inert one at that. It doesn't help to have one more obstacle to overcome. {Stupid body!} It's frustrating to not feel above it all, almost treading quicksand. One truly seems brought down to size.

Yet all is not lost; I am not alone. Many people have injuries like I have, even if they do not occur quite the same way. Things can be frustrating, incovenient, even insurmountable now, but it is okay to dwell in the ordinary sometimes. It can be intimidating, since we sense that we cannot rise from it. We are all human and all recognize our sinews of common bonds, however tenuous they may feel at those times. Great things can happen when we are not.

So be of good cheer, laugh, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment