Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In the Meantime

Perhaps the ultimate healing is just the knowledge that Daddy is there? I don't know. I do know though that no matter how bad she felt, she seemed to find comfort in my lap or me lying next to her in bed. That brought joy to my heart that she trusted in me to get her through. What a parable. What a lesson for such a stubborn, selfish, self-centered, instant gratification needing S.O.B. like myself.

I really do hope that she gets better soon, but I enjoy my time with her in the mean time.

We seem to always have some kind of sickness at Christmas time. That doesn't really bother me though since Christmas isn't that big of a deal for me, but I hate how it affects everyone else.
[via The Reluctant Disciple]

1 comment:

  1. thanks for linking to me Jadon. i just saw it on my site today. i haven't figured out how to do all that stuff yet. soon i will be able to post links to all of the rest of you guy's blogs, but i have just been too tired lately. my mind can't keep up.

    if i don't talk/chat with you until afterward, have a "merry holiday." or whatever you guys do in canada.

    chris

    ReplyDelete