Friday, March 18, 2005

A Real Crime of Passion!

I can understand there are people in the world like Scott Peterson. What I cannot comprehend is that there are women stupid enough to want to marry him. According to CNN, there are at least two who have made the offer.

Explain this to me. A man is convicted, convicted of murdering his wife and unborn child in cold blood and dumping her body in San Francisco bay. All the while prior to this he was having an affair. What kind of sick, hurting puppy must you be to decide "Hey, he's the man for me!"

I've known women who have gotten themselves into and remained deeply entrenched in abusive relationships with bad men. I've seen it and I've lived it, but for the life of me I still don't understand it. It is deeply alarming to me how many women today pick up with any guy, just to have a guy. For many years now I've been of the firm belief that there are worse things than being alone. I should know, I once dated a few of them....

Do these women have a death wish? Is celebrity, in any form, that powerful to attract? Or is it the "bad boy" type attraction? Or is it the desire to rescue the one with the broken wing type syndrome - the need of some women to "fix up" a piece of damaged goods? From my observation, the "broken wing" scenario seems to be the most effective at luring women into and keeping them trapped in emotionally and often physically damaging situations.
[via Feeble Knees]

No comments:

Post a Comment