Saturday, June 25, 2005

Belle-Laide by Undercover

I am dreaming of another place
where grime accents cathedrals
and beauty lives with dread
Bird-littered sky belle-laide

in modern and the baroque
the sublime and grotesque
in gargoyles and angels
passage and opaque

you are


I am sinking in my heart
The hunchback is mute with love
the secret in his head is our head
tender monsters belle-laide

in gawk and grace
in embrace and distain
the erotic and the chaste
in restraint and safe

you are


a mind-numbing smog
creates these glorious streaks
but if sunsets spill danger
even as they shine down on the weak...

I am driving a lunarscape
madness whirls upon the earth
a manic calm in my head
ungainly, stunning, a belle-laide

bliss and grief
withhold and release
chaos and form
the eye and the storm

the eye and the storm
chaos and form
withhold, release
bliss and grief

No comments:

Post a Comment